Saturday, June 21, 2008

Homemade bread


I made homemade wheat bread for the first time ever this week, and it actually turned out really awesome! It was quite a bit easier than I thought it would be, it just took time to rise, etc. I used Hillbilly Housewife's recipe for "Beginner's Bread" .
I used one cup of wheat flour and two cups of white, but besides that I followed her recipe exactly and got a really nice loaf of bread out of it. Now that I know how easy it is, I might bake my own bread more often! Especially since it's cheaper and healthier for my family. Take a look at the ingredient label on your bread at home, or next time you're in the bread aisle at the grocery store--there are all sorts of bad things in there (can we say "high fructose corn syrup"?). Anyways, off my soapbox and on to dreamland. Goodnight!

No comments: